Susie Wolff has reacted to the FIA’s decision to drop its investigation over an enquiry into an alleged conflict of interest.

It emerged on Tuesday that the FIA was in the process of investigating reports that confidential information had been shared between a Formula 1 team principal and a member of FOM.

The reports claimed that Wolff and her husband Mercedes boss Toto Wolff were the individuals in question to the enquiry.

All 9 of Mercedes’ rival teams issued statements denying they had instigated the investigation and hadn’t raised the issue with the FIA.

F1’s governing body confirmed on Thursday that it had dropped the investigation and would not be taking any further action.

In a statement posted on social media, Wolff said she was appalled at how the case was handled and had had no direct contact with the FIA about the investigation.

“When I saw the statement issued by the FIA yesterday evening, my first reaction was: ‘”Is that it?”‘ said Wolff.

“For two days, insinuations have been made about my integrity in public and through background briefings, but nobody from the FIA has spoken to me directly.”

Wolff, who is managing director of F1 Academy, went on to suggest the case was an attempt to discredit her reputation and revealed she had suffered online abuse during the investigation.

“I might have been collateral damage in an unsuccessful attack on somebody else, or the target of a failed attempt to discredit me personally, but I have worked too hard to have my reputation called into question by an unfounded press release.

“We have come a long way as a sport. I was extremely thankful for the unified support of the Formula One teams. I have worked with so many passionate women and men at Fl and the FIA, who have the very best interests of our sport at heart.

“However, this episode has so far taken place without transparency or accountability. I have received online abuse about my work and my family. I will not allow myself to be intimidated and intend to follow up until I have found out who has instigated this campaign and misled the media.

“What happened this week is simply not good enough. As a sport, we must demand, and we deserve, better.”

Mercedes F1 chief Wolff issued a statement confirming the team was “currently in active legal exchange with the FIA” and that it would “await full transparency about what took place and why, and have expressly reserved all legal rights”.