Max Verstappen has confirmed his and Red Bull’s boycott of Sky’s Formula 1 coverage is over after it “drew a line” under what he claimed were “disrespectful” comments.

Verstappen and the entire Red Bull team avoided media commitments with Sky’s regional channels in the UK, Germany and Italy over the Mexico Grand Prix weekend.

This was done in protest of comments made by Sky’s pit reporter Ted Kravitz, who suggested during his notebook segment at the United States Grand Prix that Lewis Hamilton was “robbed” of the 2021 world title.

Asked why he had refused to speak to Sky in Mexico, Verstappen claimed he had faced “constant” disrespectful comments by the TV station throughout the year and would not tolerate it anymore.

Red Bull boss Christian Horner also voiced his disapproval at the suggestion Verstappen’s maiden drivers’ crown last year had been handed to him in the last season’s championship showdown in Abu Dhabi.

“I think an accusation of championships being robbed is something that we don’t feel is an impartial commentary,” said Horner. “That is, we don’t feel, in any way fair or balanced.

“Max was very upset about it, and as a team, we support him fully. We were equally upset about it. As a team, we took the decision this weekend, I took the decision that we’ll have a weekend off.”

Red Bull had stressed that the boycott would only be a one-off and it seems the situation has now been resolved following clear-the-air talks before this weekend’s race in Brazil.

Speaking about the matter in Thursday’s drivers’ press conference in Sao Paulo, Verstappen said, as quoted by Motorsport.com: “Yeah, we drew a line under it. So we just keep on going.”

Verstappen is aiming to extend his record for number of victories in a season to 15 in Brazil after surpassing the tally previously held jointly by Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel in Mexico.